In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- From applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative;
- From your transactions with, or from the services performed by, us, our affiliates, or others;
- From our Internet website;
- From the public records maintained by governmental entities that we either obtain directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others; and
- From consumer or other reporting agencies.
Consumer Reporting Agencies
Collection and Use of Nonidentifiable Information
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
You will be asked to supply personal information to us when you are requesting a consumer report or other online actions. If you decide to provide this information, we may ask for your name, mailing address, phone number, email address plus other pieces of identifying information. When you submit personal information to us, you understand and agree that Chex Systems, Inc. may access, store and use your information to the extent permitted by law. Any information you choose to send to us will be safeguarded by strict standards of security and confidentiality. Chex Systems, Inc. does not share, sell or distribute the create lists containing nonpublic personal information you provide used for direct marketing purposes.
Our Policies Regarding the Protection of the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or intrusion. We limit access to personal information only to those employees, contractors and agents who need such access in connection with providing products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes. We will at all times comply with all laws and regulations to which we are subject regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personally identifiable information.
The security measures in place on this website prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We offer the industry standard security measures available through your browser. To provide you with additional security, all encrypted information sent from your computer is encrypted while in transit to us and is decrypted once it reaches our server. However, information sent to us through some channels (including email) may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place before your transmission. As a result, we ask that you do not send Personal Information such as Social Security Numbers or account numbers to us via unsecured email. These communications should be sent to us by postal mail, fax or telephone.
Our Policies and Practices Regarding the Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates. We also may disclose your Personal Information:
- To agents, brokers or representatives to provide you with services you have requested;
- To third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or other functions on our behalf;
- To governmental entities to meet our legal requirements connected to the collection, retention and disclosure of your individual Personal Information;
- Identifiable information, such as tax reporting or identification of money laundering;
- To law enforcement in connection with investigations, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders; and
- To maintain our relationship with our employees.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information when you direct or give us permission, when we are required by law to do so, or when we suspect fraudulent or criminal activities. We also may disclose your Personal Information when otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws such as, for example, when disclosure is needed to enforce our rights arising out of any agreement, transaction or relationship with you.
Right to Access Your Personal Information and Ability to Correct Errors or Request Changes or Deletion
We are committed to ensuring the consumer information we obtain and use is accurate. You can help us maintain accurate information by informing us of changes or modifications. Our service representatives are trained to answer consumer questions regarding information we have about them, and to give consumers reasonable access to this information.
Certain states afford you the right to access your Personal Information and, under certain circumstances, to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed. Also, certain states afford you the right to request correction, amendment or deletion of your Personal Information. All requests must be made in writing to the following addresses:
Chex Systems, Inc.
Attn: Consumer Relations
7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100
Woodbury, MN 55125
ChexSystems Compliance Officer
Chex Systems, Inc.
7805 Hudson Road Suite 100
Woodbury, Minnesota 55125