COVID-19 has impacted lives all around the world, causing uncertainty in many aspects of life. While we all continue to navigate this unprecedented situation, we want to assure you that ChexSystems is committed to helping you understand how to protect your financial health during this time.
ChexSystems is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. We understand you may have concerns about how this might impact your financial wellbeing. During this time, we encourage you to be proactive in monitoring your financial accounts and credit history. Below are some actions you can take if you're concerned this public health emergency may cause you financial hardship:
- Ensure your consumer and credit reports are protected. Request free copies of your reports to ensure they are accurate and have no signs of fraud or identity theft.
- Request a free copy of your ChexSystems consumer disclosure report online or call 800.428.9623.
- You can request a free copy of your credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies once every 12 months at AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Consider adding a consumer statement to your credit reports. You can add a brief 100-word (200 words in Maine) to your credit reports to explain your situation.
- ChexSystems wants to make sure that we answer any questions you may have. You may use this site to review answers to the most frequently asked questions, or you can Contact ChexSystems by mail or fax.
If you prefer to call ChexSystems to speak with a representative, please understand that every call that we receive is important but at this point in time you may experience a longer than normal hold time.
Update March 23, 2020: Change in Operating Hours for ChexSystems Consumer Relations
- Site closures and/or government mandated curfews have impacted one or more of our Consumer Relations Offices. As a result, Consumer Relations offices will be operating on reduced hours of operation.
- Our agents are available to support you from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- At this point in time you may experience longer than normal hold time
- For faster assistance with requesting security freeze, security alerts, opt outs, disputes and disclosure reports please utilize our self-service options available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.